Silent charity auction
Painting donated by Marcia Dale for the 2015 charity auction.
After the success of the charity auction held at the 2013 conference dinner, NZPCN will again run an auction to raise funds for the David Given Threatened Plant Research Scholarship and the NZPCN Threatened Plant Endowment Fund.
This year NZPCN will run a silent auction during the 2015 conference, with proceeds going toward the same funds as last time. The auction will open when the conference begins on Wednesday 28th and close at the conference dinner on Friday 30 October.
Below are some of the items which have been donated already:
Woodcut print by Cathy Jones
- An oil painting of Dracophyllum menziesii by Dunedin artist and NZPCN member Marcia Dale. The painting is based on a photograph by Mike Thorsen. Reserve, $500
- A limited edition framed print of “Waxeye on Pittosporum” Original painted, and donated by Rebecca Gilmore from Endemic Art Gallery in Roxburgh, Central Otago. RRP $350
- Limited edition woodcut print “Pachystegia 4/7” created by Cathy Jones in 2014. 430x330mm Black wooden frame, black mount, and glass. RRP $380.
- Five prints featuring wildlife and landscapes by multi award-winning New Zealand Photographer Jason Hosking.
- A 50x40cm photographic print by local photographer Danillo Hegg of Southern Alps Photography.
- An original pen and ink drawing (90 x 180mm) by artist Liz Grant, whose work has graced the covers of the New Zealand Journal of Ecology for the last twenty years. Valued at $300.
- Overnight accommodation, breakfast and a guided nature tour for two with Bushy Point Fernbirdseco-friendly bed and breakfast valued at $170. Your hosts Ian and Jenny are well-known local conservationists.
- A Milford Wanderer Overnight Cruise package with Real Journeys for two adults, valued at $850. Unwind after the conference by taking in the beauty of Milford Sound in Fiordland National Park (please note this package includes coach transport from Te Anau to Milford Sound and back).
- Overnight accommodation and breakfast for two with Folster Garden Bed & Breakfastvalued at $135. Your hosts Lynne and Trevor Huggins both work for the Department of Conservation and can recommend the best places around Invercargill to go botanising.
A signed copy of "Fieldguide to New Zealand's Epiphytes, Vines and Mistletoes" donated by Catherine Kirby
The Natural History of Canterbury, one of the books donated for the charity auction
- A copy of 'Great Barrier Island' edited by Don Armitage, donated by Canterbury University Press
- A copy of 'Land Very fertile: Banks Peninsula in poetry and prose' edited by Coral Atkinson & David Gregory, donated by Canterbury University Press
- A copy of 'Living with Natives: New Zealanders talk about their love of native plants' edited by Ian Spellerberg & Michelle Fry, donated by Canterbury University Press
- A copy of 'The Natural History of Canterbury' edited by Michael Winterbourn, George Knox, Colin Burrows & Islay Marsden, donated by Canterbury University Press
- A copy of 'Threatened Plants of New Zealand' by Peter de Lange, Peter Heenan, David Norten, Jeremy Rolfe and John Sawyer, donated by Canterbury University Press
- A copy of 'West Coast Walking: A naturalist’s guide' by Kerry-Jayne Wilson, donated by Canterbury University Press
- A signed copy of 'Field Guide to New Zealand's Native Trees' by John Dawson and Rob Lucas, donated by Touchwood Books
- A signed copy of 'Above the Treeline; A Nature Guide to Alpine New Zealand' by Alan Mark, donated by Touchwood Books
- A signed copy of the out-of-print 'The Mosses of New Zealand' (1992) by Beever, Allison and Child, donated by Jessica Beever
- Two signed copies of 'Above the Treeline: A Nature Guide to Alpine New Zealand' donated by Alan Mark.
- Two copies of the 2016 calendar produced by the Botanical Society of Otago, donated by the Botanical Society of Otago.
- 5 copies of “Pohutukawa - Ecology, Establishment, Growth and Management" By David Bergin and Dr Gordon Hosking
- A copy of all the special NZ Gardener “Special Editions” (15 copies) Value $200.00, donated by New Zealand Gardener Magazine.
- A signed copy of "Rugby: A New Zealand History" by Ron Palenski, donated by Auckland University Press
- A copy of "Birds of New Zealand: A Photographic Guide" by Paul Scofield & Brent Stephenson, donated by Auckland University Press
- A copy of "Wild Plants in Auckland" by Alan Esler , donated by Auckland University Press
- A copy of “Maurice Gee: Life and Work” by Rachel Barrowman, donated by Victoria University Press.
- A copy of “ANZAC: Photographs by Laurence Aberhart” donated by Victoria University Press..
- A copy of “The Luminaries” Hard Back Edition by Eleanor Catton, (Winner of the “The Man Booker Prize 2013”), donated by Victoria University Press.
- 2 copies of "New Zealand’s subantarctic islands – field guide to the native plants of the Snares, Auckland, Campbell, Bounty and Antipodes Islands" donated by the Department of Conservation.
This list will be updated as new items are donated.
This page last updated on 26 Oct 2015